The digital library uses semantic search technology. In addition to browsing options (by LC or DDC classification, author, title and publisher), a number of additional features are available to help users refine results and find the best matches for their searches:
- apply additional filters easily, using facets and breadcrumb navigation
- sort results by relevance (default), author, title or publisher
- view keyword in context and sample pages
- consult tables of contents, title pages, colophons, abstracts and sample pages
- navigate publications in their entirety or as chapters/articles
Fully searchable PDF files make documents easy to read and use. Library users may copy and paste text as needed, print pages and even save a local copy.
All users can log in to create a personal user workspace, giving them the possibility to name and save searches and come back to them later, as well as tagging and commenting on results of particular interest. It is also possible to create and save shared tags and annotations.
The workspace makes it quick and simple to save citations and bibliographies and export them using RefWorks, EndNote, Zotero or Mendeley, or in Word, Excel and PDF format.